A bridge on a new section of Gibson Lane will be named in honor of Texarkana Texas Police Officer Jason Sprague, who was killed in the line of duty on June 15th, 2013.
The Texarkana Texas City Council will vote at their meeting tonight to name the bridge over Waggoner Creek in honor of Sprague. This is part of a new extension of Gibson Lane, which will take it now from Richmond Road on the east to connect to Kings Highway(FM 989) to the West.
Here is the complete agenda for this evening’s meeting that gets underway at 6pm. The public is invited to attend the open portions of the meeting:
I. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE LED BY MAYOR BOB BRUGGEMAN
III. MAYOR’S REMARKS AND ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
Upcoming City Council Meetings:
Monday, July 11, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. (summer schedule)
Monday, August 8, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. (regular schedule resumes)
Monday, August 22, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Parks & Recreation Events:
June 13th Summer Camp Begins Southwest Center
High School Softball League Begins Karrh Park
FASA Softball Tournament Karrh Park
July 1st-4th Dixie State Ozone Baseball Tournament Spring Lake Park
July 2nd- 5th Dixie State 10U Baseball Tournament Spring Lake Park
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
Wine Festival Report – by Terrie Arnold
Salvation Army of Texarkana – by Capt. Juan Gomez
Acousticon Audiology & Hearing Aid Center
Men’s Health Month Proclamation
Texarkana Regional Airport Update – by Paul Mehrlich
V. OPEN FORUM: COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC
Per Council rules, comment time is limited to five minutes, or ten minutes if using a translator. Before comments are made, a speaker must complete an information sheet and give to the City Secretary. If your comment pertains to an agenda item with a scheduled public hearing or public comment, the Council requires that you make your comment at that time; you do not need to complete an information sheet.
VI. APPOINTMENTS TO BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Consider approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of the City Council held on May 9, 2022 at 6:00 PM.
2. Consider approval of the minutes of the Budget Workshop Meeting of the City Council held on May 25, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
3. Consider approval of the minutes of the Budget Workshop Meeting of the City Council held on June 7, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
4. Resolution No. 2022-047 approving an interlocal fiber optic network agreement with Texarkana College. Public Hearing:Council Vote: June 13, 2022
5. Resolution No. 2022-049 approving recommended revisions to the Employee Handbook involving the use of technology. Public Hearing: Council Vote: June 13, 2022
6. Resolution No. 2022-050 authorizing the City Manager to execute a five (5) year contract with Axon Enterprise Inc. of Scottsdale, Arizona, in a total amount not to exceed $497,879.20 and an annual amount not to exceed $99,575.84, with funds budgeted in the Public Safety Equipment Fund (Fund 108) and the Fleet Capital Replacement Fund (Fund 704), to provide fleet and body camera hardware and software. Public Hearing: Council Vote: June 13, 2022
7. Resolution No. 2022-052 authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract with Smith Ready Mix, Inc., of Texarkana, Texas, in an amount not to exceed $474,251.70 with funds available in the fiscal year 2022 street maintenance general fund, to supply concrete materials used in the construction and maintenance of streets, alleys, bridges, and storm drains. Public Hearing: Council Vote: June 13, 2022
8. Resolution No. 2022-057 ratifying the memorandum of understanding with the Caddo Nation. Public Hearing: Council Vote: June 13, 2022
9. Ordinance No. 2022-063 amending Chapter 12, Section 12-3, Subdivision 4, of the Code of Ordinances, to establish the Sullivan Performing Arts Center, located at 3941 Summerhill Road, as the single polling location for City Election Precinct 4 (Ward 4). Public Hearing: Council Vote: June 13, 2022
10. Resolution No. 2022-043 naming the new bridge over Waggoner Creek on Gibson Lane as the “Officer Jason Sprague Memorial Bridge”. Public Hearing: Council Vote: June 13, 2022
11. Resolution No. 2022-055 approving the request of the Texarkana Airport Authority to purchase eight (8) acres of land adjoining current airport property and authorizing the City Manager to execute any documents necessary for the purchase. Public Hearing: Council Vote: June 13, 2022
12. Resolution No. 2022-056 authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract for the Looping Dead-end Water Mains Phase III project in an amount not to exceed $817,912.29, with funds currently budgeted in the Texas Capital Improvement Fund in the Texarkana Water Utilities 2021-22 budget. Public Hearing: Council Vote: June 13, 2022
VIII. FIRST BRIEFINGS
1. Ordinance No. 2022-051 approving the fiscal and personnel management agreement with the Texarkana Urban Transportation Study Policy Advisory Board. Public Hearing: Council Vote: July 11, 2022
2. Resolution No. 2022-054 adopting the Community Development Block Grant 2022 Program Year Annual Action Plan and authorizing the City Manager to submit said action plan to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Public Hearing: July 11, 2022 Council Vote: July 11, 2022
3. Joint Resolution No. 2022-058 authorizing the City Manager, in conjunction with Texarkana, Arkansas, to reach an agreement with Bird Rides, Inc., to launch a pilot scooter program in Texarkana, USA. Public Hearing: Council Vote: July 11, 2022
4. Ordinance No. 2022-059 granting an amendment to PD-32 (Office) for site plan approval on a 0.1469-acre tract of land on the west portion of a 0.9-acre tract of land, Lot 5, Wellsford Subdivision, located at 3118 Norton Street. David Boudreaux, owner and Joe Gordy, agent. Public Hearing: July 11, 2022 Council Vote: July 11, 2022
5. Ordinance No. 2022-060 granting a Specific Use Permit to allow the location of a telecommunications tower on a 0.1469-acre tract of land on the west portion of a 0.9-acre tract of land, Lot 5, Wellsford Subdivision, located at 3118 Norton Street. David Boudreaux, owner, and Joe Gordy, agent. Public Hearing: July 11, 2022
Council Vote: July 11, 2022
6. Ordinance No. 2022-061 approving an amendment to PD-02-13 (General Retail) for site plan approval on Lots 7, and 8, Block 5, Richmond Subdivision 4th, located on the two lots north of 4414 Galleria Oaks Drive. Jennifer Carrillo, owner, and Kayla Wood, MTG Engineers and Surveyors, agent. Public Hearing: July 11, 2022
Council Vote: July 11, 2022
7. Ordinance No. 2022-062 approving an amendment to PD-86-3 (General Retail) for site plan approval on Lot 1 Richmond-Kwik Addition, located at 2903 Richmond Road. Paige Hobbs with American Goods, LLC, owners, and Greg Ryden, Ryden Architecture, agent. Public Hearing: July 11, 2022 Council Vote: July 11, 2022
IX. PUBLIC HEARINGS
X. CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
XI. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMENTS
1. City Council
2. City Staff
XII. CLOSED SESSION
The City Council will convene into closed session pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) and Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters).
XIII. RECONVENE INTO OPEN SESSION