Today, Monday, June 6, in a press release from Goodyear, it was announced there were “no immediate plans 10 Cooper Tire Facilities’ which include Texarkana. Goodyear and Cooper together expect to:
– Strengthens Leadership Position in Global Tire Industry
– Combines Two Complementary Brand Portfolios with a Comprehensive Offering Across the Value Spectrum
– Provides Significant, Immediate and Long-Term Financial Benefits
– Opportunity to Create Additional Value from Manufacturing and Distribution
– Increases Scale to Support Investments in New Mobility and Fleet Solutions
Courtesy Goodyear Corporate
The combined company will have the opportunity to leverage the strength of Goodyear original equipment and premium replacement tires, along with the mid-tier power of the Cooper brand, which has particular strength in the light truck and SUV segments.
With complimentary business models, organizational structures, and distribution channels, Goodyear will integrate the best of Goodyear and Cooper in order to benefit its shareholders, customers, consumers, and employees.