Courtesy of Pixabay
The Texarkana Texas City Council meets for the first time in 2020 tonight at 6pm at City Hall.
Here is the complete agenda for tonight’s council meeting:
I. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE LED BY COUNCIL MEMBER BETTY WILLIAMS
III. MAYOR’S REMARKS AND ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
Upcoming City Council Meetings:
Monday, January 27, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.
Monday, February 10, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.
Monday, February 24, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.
Parks & Recreation Events:
There are no events scheduled.
IV. OPEN FORUM: COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC
Per Council rules, comment time is limited to five minutes, or ten minutes if using a translator. Before comments are made, a speaker must complete an information sheet and give to the City Secretary. If your comment pertains to an agenda item with a scheduled public hearing or public comment, the Council requires that you make your comment at that time; you do not need to complete an information sheet.
V. APPOINTMENTS TO BOARDS, COMMISSIONS AND COMMITTEES
VI. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Consider approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of the City Council held on December 9, 2019 at 6:00 PM.
2. Consider approval of the minutes of the Special Meeting of the City Council held on January 6, 2020 at 12:30 PM.
3. Resolution No. 2020-005 authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract for the Lake Wright Patman Pump Station Improvements Project, with budgeted funds, in an amount not to exceed $431,516. Public Hearing: Council Vote: January 13, 2020
4. Ordinance No. 2020-007 appointing an election official as the Election Day Presiding Judge for a Special Election to be held on January 28, 2020 to fill a council member vacancy of an unexpired term in Ward 6. Public Hearing: Council Vote: January 13, 2020
5. Resolution No. 2020-004 authorizing the City Manager to enter into a three-year contract for the annual audit for the fiscal years ending September 30, 2019, 2020, and 2021, with the option to renew. Public Hearing: Council Vote: January 13, 2020
VII. FIRST BRIEFINGS
1. Ordinance No. 2020-001 amending PD-18-2(C) for revision to the site plan to allow signage for a collision center on a portion of an 8.04 acre tract of land in the George Brinlee HRS, A-18 (Lot 1, Block 2, Classic Auto Park East), located at 924 Kenwood Road. Gregg Orr, applicant. Kayla Wood, MTG Engineers and Surveyors, agent.
Public Hearing: January 27, 2020, Council Vote: January 27, 2020
2. Ordinance No. 2020-002 rezoning Lot 1, Block 1, Marriott Subdivision, located in the 3000 block of St. Michael Drive. Agriculture to PD-General Retail. Ray Walsh and Barrie Thompson, applicants. David Williams, MTG Engineers and Surveyors, agent. Public Hearing: January 27, 2020, Council Vote: January 27, 2020.
3. Ordinance No. 2020-006 regulating the speed of motor vehicles upon a certain section of FM 559 within the corporate limits of the City of Texarkana, Texas; registering the set speed limits in the City’s Traffic Register; and authorizing the Texas Department of
Transportation to erect signs. Public Hearing: January 27, 2020, Council Vote: January 27, 2020
4. Ordinance No. 2020-008 amending Article IV (access driveways) of Chapter 130 of the Code of Ordinances by adding subsection 130-120(1-a) to provide for limited authority and minimum construction requirements for a singular access driveway from a public street to an abutting rear yard of a single residential unit. Public Hearing: January 27, 2020, Council Vote: January 27, 2020
VIII. PUBLIC HEARINGS
IX. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
X. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMENTS
1. City Council
2. City Staff